Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Simple LaTeX Editor Comparison


To begin with, I am not an expert in LaTeX. I have just begun using it to write some books. And here, I am not writing about what is Latex or how to use it. I assume you have some knowledge of it already and maybe trekking to find a good editor that may ease your work in LaTex.

I have just finished one book with tears. Currently I am writing several other books. And a good LaTex editor helps you in a great deal. Here, I just want to share my experience after using 3 editors: TexWork, TexMaker and TexStudio. 


 TexWork
This one came automatically when I installed MikTex. It is the basic form of latex editor. Thus, It does not help you much. 
  • Very least Shortcuts are provided. You may have only Italic and Bold Shortcut, to sum up. 
  • Very least Autocompletion: you have to type \begin{document} blabla on your own. 
  • It is difficult to compile files as well.
TexMaker
It is after I got many errors and I feel it takes me much time to write something like \begin \end etc. I think there must be some better editors. So I tried TexMaker. It helped a lot!!! 
  • Shortcuts are abundant:  Ctr+Shift+M which replaces $$ and many more. 
  • Autocompletions are great: when you type \beg, it would offer the candidates like \begin{.} and then you type in the {} , say do, it will completes \begin{document} with \end{document} for you at the end. 
  • Compile and Build etc works like charm.
TexStudio
This one has all the TexMaker has to offer except that it offers in a more convenient way such as more toolbars and shortcuts.

Hope it is of useful to you, and save you some times and efforts.




 
Copyright © . Tisa School - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger