Sunday, October 11, 2015

How to Include Japanese and Khmer Text in Your Latex Document

I have been finding a working example to include Japanese in my Khmer document. So I share this article in a hope that it is of useful to you.

 \documentclass{article}
 \usepackage{xeCJK}
\setCJKmainfont{Meiryo} % Here, check out your Font in your Windows and type the name of any Japanese font you like. You don't need to add the extension such as .ttf .

And in my case where I use Khmer as a main text, I set
\setmainfont{Khmer Kampot}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

So I begin:
\documentclass{article}
 \usepackage{xeCJK}
\setCJKmainfont{Meiryo}
 \setmainfont{Khmer Kampot}

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

 
 \begin{document}
 សួស្តីកញ្ញាៗ
 
\section{練習は楽しい}
日本語が分からなくても日本語を話せる。 
\vspace{0.5cm}
 
Of course, English, the language of \LaTeX  producer, is there. 
 
\end{document}
 
With Xelatex as the compiler, it becomes: 
Example of Japanese and Khmer in Tex Document


 Note: I use TexMaker as my Latex editor. Previously, I used TexWork and it sucks. And I use TexLive, switching from MikTek, which contains limited packages. 

For more details, for instance if you use PdfLatex, please refer to this site:
https://www.sharelatex.com/learn/Japanese
 

 
Copyright © . Tisa School - Posts · Comments
Theme Template by BTDesigner · Powered by Blogger